Thursday, June 17, 2010

Health

So the last couple of months have gotten me thinking about my health. Thinking you are having a stroke and ending up with neck surgery will do that to you.

Seems that all the things our parents told us to do when we were growing up really do matter.

Eat good food.
Have good posture (this is the one that got me).
Exercise.
Sleep.

Not tough stuff, but all have to be maintained. Otherwise, we all end up exactly were I was, on the operating table. We all know we need to do these things, but somehow life gets a bit crazy and we forget. When we get to this point, we need to un-crazy our lives.

It is time to start doing the things we know we need to. Try to be just a little bit more healthy right now, so we can end up being the 80 year old who hikes Angel's Landing instead of the one who can't play with the grandkids.

2 comments:

  1. Wait...what? Did I miss something? You had neck surgery?! Are you okay? Was it serious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bulging disc in my neck- It was pushing against my spinal cord. Not fun. But, much better since the surgery. How's the pregnancy going? Ready to be done?

    ReplyDelete